Thursday, September 16, 2010

A Rhyming Introduction

Good evening, or so I hope, my good friend,
My tale today is but one voice in the choir I attend
I aspire not to bait, nor troll, nor attempt to cast out
Instead, I welcome those who feel and know doubt.

Athiest I am, not angry like the strawman shows
Though I am what I am, and from my existence flows
A seeming pity for those caught in their nets
Who train you, extort you, and keep you as pets.

This said, I still welcome those of the faith
And I hope that over here, you can still feel safe
I don't attack with bombs, with knives or a gun
Words are my weapon, to get my will done.

A rapier wit, an education and a small homemade blog
My tools to make a rest stop through the everyday slog.
So stay awhile and listen, bring a chair by the fire,
We'll laugh, we'll cry, and discuss Truth 'til we tire.

No comments:

Post a Comment